Notice of Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL/PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY. ALSO YOUR HEALTH RECORDS MAY BE RETAINED ELECTRONICALLY OR ON PAPER.
At our organization, we are required to protect the privacy of medical/health information relating to you and that can be identified with you. This is called “protected health information” or “PH” for short. We respect the privacy and confidentiality of your protected health information. This Notice of Privacy Practices (“Notice”) describes theways in which we may use and disclose your medical/protected health information and how you can get access to this information. Your health information is contained in your medical and billing records maintained by this organization. Itincludes demographic information and information that relates to your present, past or futurephysical or mental health and related healthcare services. This Notice applies to uses anddisclosures we may make of all your protected health information whether created by us in ourpractice or received by us from another healthcare provider.
This Notice is being used at our multiple facility sites, which include locations in Wethersfield, Hartford, East Hartford, South Windsor, Glastonbury, Enfield, Avon, West Hartford and Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
A. OUR LEGAL DUTY TO PROTECT YOUR HEALTH INFORMATION
Federal and State Laws require us to:
- Maintain the privacy of your protected health information that we have created in our practice or received from another health care provider whether it is about your past, present, or future health care condition;
- Maintain the privacy of your protected health information regarding payment for your healthcare;
- Notify you about how we protect your protected health information;
- Explain how, when and why we use and disclose protected health information about you;
- Abide by the terms of this Notice, as currently in effect;
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction on how your protected health information is used or disclosed;